Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The first Blogs

The first set of Blogs that I read were relatively boring. Most of them just listed what we did in class. There was no in depth ananlysis. I'm hoping for better results today. If they don't get any better I may have to create a sample to help them understand exactly what I am looking for.

Hopefully, we get some metacognitive commentary going on. I want to know more about what is going on in their brains than in the class. Next time I will share some quotes from the students writing.

As for the class I am happy with the intellectual level at which the class is working. The amount of prior knowledge and inquisitiveness far exceeds that of the students that I deal with during the regular school year at the Alternative Program. Teaching is so much easier when the students help drive the content and curriculum. My timing has been slightly off because things that normally take 45 min. are completed in 15, but the students keep me on my toes instead of chop blocking my every move.

Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

No comments: