Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Student Staff Basketball: People Really Care About This Stuff

Yesterday was the the student staff basketball game, an opportunity for me to look as foolish as possible. I managed to score two points, but that is not what I am going to write about today. What interests me is that so many people both students and staff take it so seriously. By the way did I mention that I scored 2 points?

Immediately following the game, which was won by the staff, accusations of cheating started flying faster than errant jump shots. I understand the students wanting to beat the teachers. I mean we are obviously superior in all other aspects of life. The staff, however, should have nothing to gain by winning. I'm not saying that they should throw the game, but why would we be worried about anything other than having fun?

Oh, and did I mention that I made 2 points?

No comments: